A friend ordered a Spiderman Face Shell from Italy for his cosplay for PAX South, but it got stuck in customs, and was not going to arrive until after the convention. He found out that I had a printer and asked me if I could rush print him out a face shell before the con.
The face shell was too big for my print bed, so I had to use a 4 piece version of the face shell.
Just to be safe I sliced the files with full supports and used a raft to keep it attached to the bed.
The first piece came out with no issues, and was a pretty smooth print.
The next 2 pieces came out the same as the first section, and I started taping them together to see how it looked and fit together.
There was a time crunch so I started gluing the sections together, while waiting for the biggest and most time intensive section to finish printing.
With the last section I ran into some issues with the supports being on both sides of the vent holes, and ended up snapping the first row off accidentally.
Woops, more ventilation cant hurt.
I finished gluing it all together, waited for the glue to dry then gave it a good sanding to clean up the rough bits, and smooth it out.
Total Print Time: 66 Hours
The face shell ended up pretty good in my books for a rushed project, and I was able to get it into my friends hands with a few hours to spare, before he had to leave for the convention.
Print Files – https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3104049/comments