Needed to get a new bed after printing all those bunnies. The PETG filament really did a number on the bed, and ended up ripping some of the bed in a few locations
Started a 4 hour print over night and woke up to a empty bed. Did a little troubleshooting and thought the nozzle was clogged so I took apart the bowden tube and tried to pull out the loaded filament with no success.
It looks like I shoved the bowden tube into the extruder causing the end to shrink.
The filament also looks like it was clogged in the hot end causing it to thicken up making it impossible to extract from the tube without cutting it.
I also trimmed the tube where the coupling on the hot end side sits because it was wearing through the tube, which may have also contributed to the extrusion skip and the clogging.
A magician friend wanted to see if I could copy a little bunny that he found and was using for a magic trick. The goal was to make the bunny look like sugar compressed into the shape of the bunny.
I was originally going to scan the one sent to me and turn that into a 3D file so I could print it , but I found a STL file that I think was used to make it. I just needed to modify the ears and get the texture dialed in.
I used blender to modify the STL putting the ears together, and added the texture using the fuzzy skin setting in Cura.
Printer has been pretty much constantly for the past 2 months, and I have not had any major issues
wanted to test printing out minis out with the black PLA to see how it handles the primer and paint
Decided to paint my characters mini, I did not have a lot of paint so I worked with what I had
The face is a little derpy and needs some more work.
After a brownout I started having issues with my main display. It eventually started taking 20 min for it to turn on, and then stopped working entirely. The issues it was having led me to think it was something to do with the power supply.
I took the monitor apart and found that the capacitors looked like they were about to pop, so i decided to order some replacements to see if I could get the monitor working again.
I figured out a way to discharge the capacitors and started removing them from the board.
Looks like swapping out the capacitors did the trick and fixed the issue with my monitor.